ICDE 2018 invites submissions for Tutorial (advanced seminar) proposals on all topics covered by the conference. We are especially interested in tutorials that address under-studied aspects of the data science pipeline: data exploration, managing algorithmic bias, and visual analytics. The conference will host several one- and two-session tutorials, lasting 1.5 and 3 hours, respectively.
All deadlines are 11:59PM US PDT
Tutorial Submission: October 27th, 2017
Notification of acceptance: December 1st, 2017
Camera-Ready copy due:
January 22nd February 5th, 2018
Submission Guidelines for Tutorial Proposals
Tutorial proposals should be submitted through the submission site (choose the Tutorial track). Submission should be at most 4 (four) pages with the same format as conference research papers. Please see the submission guidelines. Each submission should include the following information:
- The proposed tutorial title
- The preferred duration (1.5 or 3 hours; if you envision both 1.5 and 3 hours, please specify which parts would be added/removed)
- An abstract
- An outline detailing the scope and depth of coverage of the targeted topics
- A short description of the intended audience
- A short biography of the proposed presenter(s), along with contact information
If the tutorial or an earlier version has been presented elsewhere, the proposal should indicate those respective events (and dates), and how the current proposal differs from other editions of the tutorial.
A short description of the tutorial (up to 4 pages) will be included in the conference proceedings. Tutorial slides will be made available to conference participants and will need to be provided in advance of the conference.
- Bill Howe (University of Washington, USA)
- Felix Naumann (Hasso Plattner Institute, Germany)